View Poll Results: Which photo do you vote for?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Earnest, reply #2

    4 40.00%
  • Dougk, reply #4

    1 10.00%
  • Rugspin, reply #13

    5 50.00%
  • Spookypoop, reply #15

    1 10.00%
  • Rugspin, reply #18

    0 0%
  • Nitro Seales, reply #21

    1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: PHOTO CONTEST - week of June 25-July 2

  1. #1

    PHOTO CONTEST - week of June 25-July 2

    Photo Contest - Open to anyone and everyone with an SGrid account (needed to submit a photo into this forum).

    Post 1 or 2 images in THIS thread between Saturday June 25 and Sunday July 2.
    Entry for new submissions ends at midnight July 2.

    The photo this time must have something to do with "plants" (trees, shrubs, forests, leaves, whatever...). Photo manipulation, correction, special techniques, and anything/everything else are allowed.

    For the following week, members of this forum can discuss the images, what they like, dislike, or how they might have done something differently. When people have made up their mind, they can vote for their favorite. Votes will be added up at the end of the week, and the winner will be announced.

    Prize: The first place winner gets to:
    a) select the subject matter for the next Photo Contest,
    b) create a new thread here for the next t contest, and
    c) judge the submissions, selecting the winner.

    .....and the winner will do the same thing, next time....

  2. #2
    Sean Earnest
    Guest
    Here is mine, this was shot in a park down by San Diego.

    Name:  1174362601_AGXYA-X2.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  156.9 KB

  3. #3
    I like the way the pointed "shape" at the middle top matches the similarly pointed shape at the top. I wonder about the very bottom of the photo, where it seems to get darker. Was this due to Photoshop, or the lens vignetting, or lighting up the middle area with a flash? I also wonder what it is you were shooting at - I'm pretty sure it was some kind of root, but I've never seen that before. Cypress?? Nice!!

    ....I guess I need to find one of my own photos to enter here....

  4. #4
    Photos to submit:

    Name:  L1040145.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  206.6 KB

    Taken with a Leica M8 in 2009 in Fellsmere, Florida, using an infrared filter.

  5. #5
    Sean Earnest
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I like the way the pointed "shape" at the middle top matches the similarly pointed shape at the top. I wonder about the very bottom of the photo, where it seems to get darker. Was this due to Photoshop, or the lens vignetting, or lighting up the middle area with a flash? I also wonder what it is you were shooting at - I'm pretty sure it was some kind of root, but I've never seen that before. Cypress?? Nice!!

    ....I guess I need to find one of my own photos to enter here....
    There was some burning and dodging as well as blur done to the photo. I'm not sure what kind of tree it was but I'd like to go back to the park and shoot it again at various angles.

  6. #6
    Mongo
    Guest
    I was thinking this had to be a "new" picture of a plant. Wasnt going to have time to go out and shoot anything this week but I might be able to dig something up from the past.


    Does it matter if it has a scantily clad female in front of some of the plants???

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I was thinking this had to be a "new" picture of a plant. Wasnt going to have time to go out and shoot anything this week but I might be able to dig something up from the past.


    Does it matter if it has a scantily clad female in front of some of the plants???

    ^^^^^^I would prefer it!

  8. #8
    Whoever wins this contest gets to set the rules and subject matter for the next contest. Mongo, if you win, just make those the rules for the next one, and start up a new discussion topic - the rules can specify "any" photo, or only photos taken this year, or only taken this month, or whatever. As to subject matter, what I wrote was "The photo this time must have something to do with "plants" (trees, shrubs, forests, leaves, whatever...)." Whoever wins (hopefully not me) will make the rules for the next contest.

    If at the end of a contest, nobody wants to suggest the next topic, we'll leave that up to MK and Scott.

    (Possible photo ideas could include "rust", "clouds", "people", "kids", "cars", "food".... the list is endless.)

  9. #9
    Dougk
    Guest
    Here are a couple from me.




  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Photos to submit:

    Name:  L1040145.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  206.6 KB

    Taken with a Leica M8 in 2009 in Fellsmere, Florida, using an infrared filter.
    I like this one Mike, well done. Was there much post work involved? Or was this all the filter?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •