At our Banquet yesterday Oct. 5, 2013 we had a great time with the Club supplying steak and drinks and the racerís wives each brought wonderful dishes to pass to make a GREAT Potluck dinner. Thank you all very much.
After dinner we had a Club meeting to discuss what our Club should do next year to help find more members. Out of these discussions came HUGE NEWS of change for next year.
1. Next years Club Officerís
John Kissel President
Gary Mouser Vice President
Randy Brown Treasurer
Orrin Sunde Secretary
Bret Ketner Web Master
2. To get a $200.00 up date for our RC Scoring Pro software.
3. We have a new 2 foot by 4 foot Banner to hang out at road on race days.
4. Next years racing costs to be REDUCED.
Cost to join GLQSR Club $20.00 to include one free day of racing.
Entry Fee to race $15.00 for your first entry. If you run a second class that class raceís for FREE. (As just a thought there is about 3 of us who will have East Coast Modifiedís as a second class and will really be running for FUN. Like 20 lap heats and a 40 lap main. Shorter races less working on them and more time to work on your prime class car)
5. We will have an info table set up on race day for spectors who stop by to watch our races.
6. The Club is going to buy a used Quarter Scale car to have for sale if a new person wants a car right now. After we get it our members will clean and fix up small things that needs to be replaced. One member said he would donate a radio, another said he will donate a charger. We have decided that this car should be a WCM or Lighting, or a Lighting look alike and cost no more than $700.00. The better the deal the less a new comer would have to pay. It would be sold for what ever we have to pay for it. NON PROFIT. This past season we think that if we would have had a used car sitting there we could have sold 2 or 3 of them this year. Which would have also meant that we would have had 2 or 3 more members? When we sell the car we will start looking for another used car to buy to have in inventory.
7. We have decided to have 10 Points races next year.
8. We will have our yearly planning meeting in February next year.
9. We also handed out our Points awards for this year and it congrats to Randy Baker Sprint Car Champ and Randy Brown for Sportsman Champ. We also passed out $50.00 Certificates from Bishop Tire to the top 6 in Sportsman and 1st place in Sprints.
We had a GREAT BANQUET and a GOOD Year of racing and are looking forward to having a better year next year. See you next year.