To all quarter scale racers,
I would like to start out by saying thank you for giving me an opportunity to be your Co-Chair for the next two years. You noticed at the beginning of this letter I said to all quarter scale racers! If you have a quarter scale car and you race or just play, you are part of our family. My goal as a QSAC Co-Chair is to get us all communicating once again. I sometimes think that before all of the internet and social networking we communicated much better. Face to face or you picked up the phone and called the person. I know, Iím showing my age, but it was a much different world. QSAC was also a much different club. We had much less to compete against, and in most cases much more disposable income to play with.
Yes 2014 is much different, but some things never change. We still do this for fun, for friendship, for that competitive drive we all have. We do it to get away from work and the stress of everyday life. The last thing you want is to have more stress and more work in something you do for a hobby. It will take plenty of work to get us where we want to be, but itís a good type of work. I have been part of QSAC from the beginning and have made friends with people all over, friends that you could never replace.
The 2014 Rule Book is finally done and in it are all small tweaks here and there. Most of these ideas have come from you the racer either in the surveys or at our first QSAC summit meeting we had at the final showdown at LPR this year. This meeting was a success and is something that Mike and I plan on having again this year and hopefully at each NCS race with our main meeting during speed weeks 2014 in Iowa.
Letís not forget what QSAC is here to do. Rules, these are put into place for six NCS races and as a floor plan for the backbone of our sport, your local club. Your local club must do what is in your best interest to get new members and keep your members you have. The rule package gives you a way to keep things on a level playing field, and we all want that. QSAC is also here to give you support any way we can, from our web site more advertizing and to the new QSAC forum. We also give you affordable insurance as a QSAC member in case something would happen that none of us want to think about. As a QSAC sanctioned track we offer the insurance to also help protect the track owner/ operator and spectator.
I ask all of you try and do one thing this up coming year. That is, have an open mind and remember why we do this. Why we love this sport and why we need to work together. Ok thatís four, but if you and I pick at least one we will all be better off.
2014 is shaping up to be a great year and I hope to meet even more people that I can consider friends. See you at the track.
I hope all of you and your families had a Merry Christmas and wish all of you a Happy New Year.
Sincerely, Todd Holloway