View Poll Results: Please vote for your favorite photo(s)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • slim1 response #2, first photo

1 12.50%
  • slim1 response #2, second photo

0 0%
  • slim1 response #2, third photo

3 37.50%
  • Mongo response #3, first photo

1 12.50%
  • Mongo response #3, second photo

0 0%
  • Sean Earnest response #4, first photo

1 12.50%
  • Sean Earnest response #4, second photo

2 25.00%
  • Dougk response #6

1 12.50%
  • Mike response #7, first photo

0 0%
  • Mike response #7, second photo

1 12.50%
  • Mike response #7 third photo

0 0%
  • Gump6s response #8, first photo

1 12.50%
  • Gump6s response #8, second photo

0 0%
  • Mike response #10

0 0%
  • Rugspin respone #12, first photo

0 0%
  • Axledoc response #13, first photo

2 25.00%
  • Axledoc response #13, second photo

0 0%
  • Axledoc response #13, third photo

0 0%
  • Ray Schnidr response #14

0 0%
  • Rugspin response #15, first photo

1 12.50%
  • Rugspin response #15, second photo

3 37.50%
  • Rugspin response #15, third photo

1 12.50%
  • MKW response #16

1 12.50%
  • Mike response #17

0 0%
  • Mike response #20

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photo contest # 2 reflections

I think commenting on the images would be fine, but no suggestions on how to improve the image or whats wrong with it. After all it is a contest. There are a few things here I wanted to share as far as suggestions on a few of the images in this contest but didn't because it is a contest. The reason for bringing up less chatter in our last contest is because the things being posted didn't even seem to be on topic.

I guess as long as I am making this post I will respond to Rugspin's comment. I don't think that it is that the topic for this contest was too difficult ( I thought it was a great topic that anybody could get into by just walking outside, there are reflections everywhere) but more so that most people that are new and even some that are seasoned to photography feel intimidated by the other images being posted through out the photography forum. I think the more time people spend visiting this forum the more comfortable they will become with the members here and posting images and entering them into the contests will be less intimidating. I know this to be part of the reason because I fell into this category a few years back.

Peace..... ; )

Following the contest rules from Rugspin, the last contest's winner, the poll is now open, and has been configured to run for seven days.

Revised voting procedure: Just pick your favorite photo or photos, mark them in the voting window, and vote.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-03-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: simplified the rulse, based on advice from Scott

Simplified voting rules:

Just identify the photo (or photos) you want to vote for, mark them in the voting box, and vote. The software will do everything else automatically.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-03-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: voting rules were simplified to make this easy.

Punisher
    My Vote is in!

BTW- who turned off the lights in here!?!?

You get to turn the light switch on and off now....

http://www.sgrid.com/forum/announcement.php?f=26

Punisher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You get to turn the light switch on and off now....

http://www.sgrid.com/forum/announcement.php?f=26
    Nice!
    I like it dark in here....Thanks Mike

You're welcome, but it's really Scott that you should be thanking..... thanks to the discussions here, the photography forum has TONS of improvements!!!!
    (...and also thanks to Steve Pond who figured out how to make those improvements work the way we wanted!

slim1
    this went well lol...

looks like a tie... i dont want it so...

Congrats to Slim and Rugspin! (Should we set up some kind of place to display photo contest winners?)

I'll be giving each of you ten more of those vBulletin points in the next several days. Also, one, or both of you, gets to set up the rules for the next photo contest.

Scott suggested that we only allow one vote per person, so that's how the voting will be set up next time.

Winning Photos:

Slim1:

Rugspin: