Have any of you tried using Windows 8 for photo editing?
I've been trying out Windows 8 for a while now, and while part of me thinks it's a disaster for desktops, I'm willing to give it a shot.
Forgetting everything except photo editing, there are a lot of potential advantages for using Windows 8:
- According to what I've been told, the computer never bogs down as more and more applications are installed, removed, etc.
- The OS can be re-installed any time, with no change to what's on the computer.
- It's more efficient, so even older computes run faster
- Computers boot up more quickly
- It's designed around touch screens, which should open up a whole new way of working on images.
- It will work just as nicely on tablets
It's only available right now as a 'beta', but if you have a spare computer sitting around, you might want to try it out. I can post my "how to" notes here if anyone is interested.